Information for Patients
In addition to the information provided on this Web site, the Department of Radiology recommends the following resources for additional information on procedures, terms and common radiological exams.
- RadiologyInfo – Developed by the American College of Radiology and the Radiological Society of North America, RadiologyInfo is a source of Information for Patients. The site provides a comprehensive, radiology-oriented description of diagnostic and interventional radiology and nuclear medicine procedures and a glossary of relevant terms.
- American College of Radiology – The ACR Web site includes information on improving patient care in radiology, continuing education for radiologists and health professionals, and conducting research.
- Radiological Society of North America – RSNA promotes the highest standards of radiology and related sciences through education and research by providing radiologists and allied health scientists with educational programs and materials.
- MyRadiologist.com – Sponsored by the American College of Radiology (ACR), this Web site provides information about radiologists including their education, training and specialized skills, what techniques and equipment they utilize, and the role of the radiologist in your healthcare.
- WebMD – This Web site features a list of common medical tests, including standard radiological exams.
Please note that VCU and the Department of Radiology do not endorse any commercial information provider or its advertised products.