John D. Grizzard, M.D.
Associate Professor, Radiology
Co-Section Chief, Cardiothoracic Imaging
Director, Noninvasive Cardiovascular Imaging
Main Hospital, Room 3-438
Phone: (804) 828-8569
Fax: (804) 628-1132
Specialties: Noninvasive Cardiovascular Imaging, Cardiac MRI, Coronary CT Angiography and Neuroradiology
Areas of Interest
- Cardiac MRI.
- MR Angiography.
- Coronary CT.
- Study of the efficacy of coronary CT for the detection of acute coronary syndrome in the Emergency Department, compared with nuclear perfusion imaging.
- Automated quantification of myocardial scar on delayed-enhancement cardiac MRI images.
- “Cardiovascular MRI in Practice: A Teaching File Approach” by Grizzard and Robert M. Judd and Raymond J. Kim from Duke University, published in August 2008.
- M.D. – Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- Residency, Pediatrics – University of North Carolina
- Residency, Radiology – Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- Fellowship, Level II Training in Cardiovascular MRI – Duke University, Durham, NC
- American Board of Radiology.